Is Castile Liquid Soap an ancient soap like the soap bar?
- Not really. Liquid soaps are a relatively modern invention. In 1865 William Shepphard patented a version of liquid soap which was made by diluting common bar of soap with liquid ammonia, which he called a detergent with domestic as well as for manufacturing purposes. However he didn't invent it, he only patented someone else's invention. Due to its harshness, this product was mostly used in industrial settings. Who came up with this, is unknown. Liquid soaps formulated with Potassium Hydroxide, are an even relative newer invention. In 1980 Minnetonka Corporation of Minnesota, released "Softsoap", which was the first ever liquid soap for domestic use.
Can I wash my hair with Castile soap?
- Absolutely. Castile soap was used as an all purpose soap ever since its inception 1400 years ago. It's commonly used as a body soap, but works very well as a hand soap, shampoo and it's wonderful as a facial soap.
Can I use Castile soap on my baby?
- Yes. Castile soap is a very mild soap that won't dry or harm your baby's skin. Since it's made with Organically Grown Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it's free of harmful chemicals.
I heard olive oil is wonderful for the body but shouldn't be used on the face because it clogs pore, is this true?
-No. Olive oil is generally not comedogenic on its natural form. Once saponified (converted into soap) it remains non-comedogenic.
Other Castile Soaps have burned and irritated my skin, will this soap do that too?
- Chances are you were in the presence of either fake castile soaps or a soap improperly manufactured. Castile soap, whether the original in solid form, or the newest version in liquid form, when properly manufactured is a gentle non-irritant soap.
What should I do if in eyes?
- Like with any other soap or shampoo, immediately flush with plenty of fresh water. Soaps and shampoos, even this one, are mildly irritant to the eyes. It would burn and sting, if just a little drop falls inside the eye, and probably would get red, but it's just temporary and should go away in no time.
Can Liquid Castile Soap be used to clean or do laundry with?
- No. true Castile soaps are not suitable to clean or as laundry detergents.
Is this Liquid Castile Soap safe for people with Celiac Disease?
- Yes. By Valenti's Liquid Castile Soap is safe for people with Celiac Disease.
I suffer from Celiac Disease and cannot use products with alcohol distilled from gluten derived ingredients, can you make one without it?
By Valenti's Liquid Castile Soap is safe for people with Celiac Disease. Although we do use Ethanol derived from Sugarcane (Cane Alcohol) and Corn (Grain Alcohol) neither of these contain gluten.