Return for Cash
BVO's Return for Cash Program, formerly Empties Return Program is our new redesigned program that helps you do the right thing on steroids: return your empty bottles and jars to contribute to the cleaning of our fragile environment!
As a society we use a lot of plastic in the bathroom!
The average consumer uses at least 5 to 10 products every day between shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, tooth paste and lotions, and that doesn't include the number of products we women use on our daily regular routine, concealers, foundations, eye shadows, blush, mascara, eyeliners, and more! Add all those empty packages, bottles, jars, and that's a lot of one-time-use containers that will end up in a landfill.
Ideally we would all use glass, metal or paper, as these are easy to recycle, but the reality is breaking our codependency with plastic is not as easy as it sounds. Lotions, conditioners and shampoos in bottles, even glass bottles, sometimes require a pump to get the product out. These pumps and sprayers are made out of plastic, and even though many of us don't need them or want them the reality is the majority do, and that majority is in the billions of people globally.
How do we break our love affair with plastic?
As long as we have a plastic industry we won't, but there are things we CAN do to minimize the use of plastic:
- Buy your favorite products in glass bottles, glass jars, metal tins or paper and avoid products packed in plastic containers.
- Recycle/reuse as much as you can.
- Favor companies like By Valenti Organics that offer not only amazing truly natural products packed in Refill bottles and jars.
- Be responsible with your trash. Contact your local recycling facilities and find out how can you recycle in more responsible ways.
It's all in the little things. We made it easier for you to do the right thing with your empties.
As committed as we are in formulating and manufacture truly the best, healthiest natural skin care & body products, while packing them in responsible containers made with reusable, recyclable or biodegradable materials as much as possible, we wanted to go a step forward and get those empty containers back to us, to refill them when possible and prevent them to end up in landfills.
In an effort to reduce waste, we've created a simple and effective program designed to reward you for doing the right thing, keep the planet clean!
We rolled out, back in the summer of 2019 Refill products. Now we offer two versions of the same exact product, one with a pump or a sprayer, and one with a metal cap, which are easily recyclable. If you already have a bottle of lotion and you're running out, instead of ordering another bottle with another plastic pump, order a Refill bottle and reuse the pump from the empty one. That's one less pump in our landfills times billions!
But this is where it gets even better! We now offer you cash for that empty glass bottle, jar or can! Just like you would do with your empty soda cans, simply mail the empty containers back to us, for a cash refund back to your account. We will clean them, disinfect them and refill them or properly discard them if they can no longer be reused.
That's billions of bottles out of the landfills, and billions of bottles that don't need to be made and purchased again!
How does it work?
We've made returning your empty bottles and jars while shopping for refills a much more convenient and easy way to care for the environment while enjoying the products you love.
- Shop for your favorite By Valenti Organics product. Don't forget to order a refill before you ran out!
- On your empty or about to be empty bottle, jar or can, locate the Return for Cash symbol on the back of the label. If there is no Return for Cash symbol, that means the packaging is easily recycable or can be safely disposed of. Below it you will see the amount in cents you would get back to your account should you return the container back to us.
- Take the pump, sprayer or dropper out of the bottle. Wash the pump, sprayer or dropper to remove all product residue. Fill the pump, sprayer or dropper with some alcohol to disinfect it, prior to use it on your refill bottle.
- In the case of glass jars with metal lids or tin cans, do not remove the lids. Mail them back with the lids.
- Rinse or wash the discarded empty containers to remove all the product residue as much as possible. We don't want product spilling in the box on its way back to us or getting moldy.
- Place the metal cap from your refill bottle on the empty bottle. We reuse/recycle those too!
- DON'T REMOVE THE LABELS FROM YOUR EMPTIES! We only accept our own containers. Containers without labels won't be accepted and won't count towards the refund.
- Pack the empties with recyclable or reusable materials like newspaper or biodegradable packing peanuts if you have some laying around.
- Download the Empties Return Card to your computer, print, fill and include it in the box with your empties.
- Mail everything via parcel or any other inexpensive rate to:
By Valenti Organics
PO Box 183325
Shelby Twp., MI 48318
- Once we receive the empties your account will be credited the total amount displayed on the labels of all the containers you've mailed.
What shouldn't be mailed and doesn't count towards the reward:
- Soap boxes or labels
- Bottle or jar boxes
Here are Some Tips
- Save as many empty and clean containers as you can. That's billions of containers every year that won't ever make it to the landfills or recycling centers!
- Choose a large box and pack as many empty containers as possible. Just make sure to include plenty of packing material or wrap each individual glass bottle/jar in newspaper to prevent breakage.
- Make sure to order the refill bottles and don't forget to remove the pump or sprayers to reuse when your refill bottle arrives.
- Take pictures of your BVO Refill Bottles, or the box with all the empties you're about to mail. Share your pictures on Instagram using #byvalentiorganics and @byvalentiorganics.
- Don't forget to tell everyone you know! We love hearing good stories!
- Have tips of your own? Send us an Email! We might use them/share them with the world and give you credit for it.
Return For Cash Value
Want to learn how much you would receive to return your empty bottles back to us? Or your empty bottle has a label with no "RETURN FOR CASH" logo? No worries! Here is a list of the bottles/products we accept and their respective "RETURN FOR CASH" amounts.
- Skin Care & Makeup 50 ml glass bottles - ReturnForCash $0.16
- Skin Care 30 ml glass bottles - ReturnForCash $0.12
- Bath & Body 237 ml glass bottle - ReturnForCash $0.31
- Bath & Body 118 ml glass bottle - ReturnForCash $0.23
- Skin Care 15 ml glass vials - ReturnForCash $0.11
- Skin Care 25 g glass jars - ReturnForCash $0.13
- Skin Care & Makeup 8 g glass jars - ReturnForCash $0.19
- Skin Care & Makeup 6 g glass jars - ReturnForCash $0.27
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There is no limit on the number of empties you can mail back. Don't forget to include the Empties Return Card in your box. Shipping costs to send the empty containers back to us are non-refundable and shall be paid in full before shipping the empties back to us; please don't mail empties via COD, any empties mailed without postage paid won't be accepted and will be sent back at your own expense. An account on byvalenti.com is required to participate in our Return for Cash Program. Refunds are deposited in your account at byvalenti.com. You can use the refund to purchase more products on byvalenti.com. Refunds cannot be transferred, deposited on any bank account or mailed. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.